Arrowhead Scholarship Fund
The application process has been updated for 2013. Read all directions carefully.
Application Deadline: Completed application packets are due in the North Campus Guidance Office by MARCH 18, 2013.
The Arrowhead Scholarship Fund sponsors scholarships for students. Criteria for these awards include academic performance, school involvement, character, leadership, employment history and community service. Students planning to attend two or four year colleges or technical colleges are encouraged to apply.
Basic requirements for these scholarships are:
· Acceptance at a two or four-year university/college/technical college
· Minimum GPA of 2.5
· Completed application packet submitted to guidance office by March 18, 2013
· Student is in senior year at Arrowhead High School
To complete the application:
· Print checklist page with all application packet requirements outlined for ongoing reference.
· Complete Part 1 of two ASF Recommendation Forms and distribute to those writing the letters of recommendation. Allow those writing letters enough time to complete and return to you prior to the due date. (Letters are to be included with the packet). See notes below regarding letters.
· Save copy of application form to your computer for completion. Complete the application form (proof read) and print copy to be submitted.
· Make copy of your ACT or SAT results to submit with application packet. (Please black-out Social Security information)
· Assemble all application materials and submit in large envelope to the North Campus guidance office by March 18, 2013.
· Use checklist to verify that all materials are included.
§ Envelopes are available in guidance
· ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKETS SUBMITTED ON TIME WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR AWARDS.
Notes about Recommendation Letters: Two references must be submitted from two people unrelated to the applicant; one must be a teacher at Arrowhead, the second may be a teacher, coach, counselor, advisor community contact, employer or adult friend (as examples) that can address your character and/or accomplishments.
Specify on checklist:
· PART 1 of the recommendation form should be completed by the applicant. Then the applicant should send the completed form to people he/she wishes to use as references.
· PART 2 is to be completed by the individual making the recommendation.
· The completed Recommendation Form and Letter of Recommendation should be returned to the applicant and submitted with application packet.
QUESTIONS? Contact Us.